Welcome to the 2022 Free to Play Summit!
Your 4-Day Guided Virtual Experience With:
- 16 Deep-Dive Sessions with Leading Experts in the Field
- 6 Play Labs into the Head, Heart, & Hands of Play
- Your very own Personalized Playbook to begin implementing new play practices into your classroom immediately
You don’t need another summit of 30+ talking heads.
It’s Time For Something More.
For the Educators, Directors, and Parents Who Want to Take the Frustration, Overwhelm, and Guesswork Out of Play-Based Learning.
May 14-17, 2022
100% online & available worldwide
Produced by Fairy Dust Teaching
Featuring 16 Experts on the Power of Play
Learn the profound power of play on the growth and development of young children.
Discover the latest science on the impact of play on school readiness.
Understand how play builds the cognitive, emotional, and physical growth of the young child.
Deepen your understanding of play and BUILD your own Playbook - a manifesto of play.
Visit 6 Play Labs and actually play!
Are YOU ready to play? An experience awaits! Throughout the Summit, we have Play Labs at the ready for you to explore things like mark making, paint, clay, and so much more.
These guided explorations will not only give you the experience with the medium itself, but also ideas to take directly into your classroom.
Claim Your Free Seat!
Share this event with friends and colleagues!
Meet this year’s panel of experts and your partners in play:
Day 1: The Head
The Brain Science Behind Play
Playing With Mark Making
Explore a variety of marks and mark-making tools.
Playing With Loose Parts
Experience the power of open-ended materials.
Day 2: The Hands
The Physical Benefits of Play
Playing With Paint
Explore a variety of paint processes and techniques.
Playing With Photography
Discover the power of photography as a medium of play.
Day 3: The Heart
The Social/Emotional Benefits of Play
Playing With Drumming
Find the power of drumming with a variety of processes and techniques for your class.
Playing With Play Dough
Unlock the potential of play dough as a 3D medium.
Day 4: Nature
The Power of Nature in Early Childhood
The Free to Play Summit brings together early childhood educators from around the globe!
Whether you’ve been a practitioner of play for years or you heard about it for the first time yesterday…
We invite you to join us for a rich conversation that is about play-based education – yet even bigger than that.
Because ensuring that children are free to play is about more than doing away with worksheets and plastic toys.
It’s about trust — in children’s innate abilities, and in your own.
We’ll give you the insights and tools to develop that trust on a deeper level than you may have ever imagined. That’s the power of a personalized plan for YOU.
The Free to Play Summit is for:
Educators who are new, experienced, or anywhere in between.
Administrators, Consultants & Practitioners who shape our systems.
Curious parents and caregivers who want the best for their children.
YOU, if you’re ready to do things differently and understand play from the inside out
We created the Free to Play Summit to give you the space, guidance and community you need to shape your approach and own it.
This also means learning how to speak to the power of play with parents, directors, administration, and also your own colleagues — even when it feels scary or imperfect.
Free to Play 2022 features incredible speakers who are leading essential conversations around the importance and developmental necessity of play in our practices. They will leave YOU empowered and with tools to lead these conversations in your own communities.
About Sally Haughey & Fairy Dust Teaching
Sally Haughey is the founder and CEO of Fairy Dust Teaching. Fairy Dust started in 2010 as a space for an early childhood educator (Sally) to blog out her thoughts and ideas. She was in a highly academic setting and still wanted to bring in the wonder to her classroom.
From there it expanded and grew. Fairy Dust Teaching has cultivated a community from over 101 countries. Sally has authored several books, including The Wonder Art Workshop and Through the Child’s Eyes.
She has been producing dynamic Play conferences/summits since 2014, has offered hundreds of PD hours through online professional development courses, the Wunder-Led certification program, and the Wonder League membership program.
If you care deeply about children’s right to play, we are so glad you found us. We’re here to help you prioritize what matters most: your connection with your students, and making sure you both have the space and the freedom to explore the world through play and do it your way.
Your Next Steps:
Frequently Asked Questions
I have signed up for a lot of summits, and I end up overwhelmed with content. What’s different about this one?
- The Free to Play Summit is the ONLY place where you receive the most up-to-date brain science behind play, PLUS experience a series of Play Labs that bring the concepts to life. You’ll also leave the summit with your very own personalized Playbook, guided by us but developed by YOU, so it reflects your teaching truths.
- We’ve eliminated all the fluff and kept the summit focused on learning outcomes (not just another series of conversations).
- That said, we’re all about PLAY, so you’ll do that too! You’ll leave our unique Play Labs with experiences you can take back to your classroom.
- You’ll explore the relationship between the physical, emotional and mental landscapes of play — and craft a renewed vision for your teaching practice, equipped with the research you need to shine as a play practitioner, in your classroom, and with parents and administrators alike.
- A true experience awaits you when you join us in the Free to Play Summit!
When will the Summit start each day?
- The links to each day’s Summit will be emailed out at 8 am CST and will be available for 24 hours no matter where you are! There are no individual times for each session, you can pick and choose which ones you would like to watch and when each day.
I don’t have time to block out 4 days. Will there be recordings?
- Each day’s sessions are available for 24 hours no matter where you are in the world. So you can fit them into even a busy schedule.
- When you upgrade to one of our very affordable access passes, you’ll receive lifetime access to the videos, audio and transcripts for each session. We have many ways to help you get this content at a pace — and low price — that works for you!
- We encourage you to go ahead and purchase a lifetime access pass if you can see the value this would bring your every day practice! We’ll meet you where you are, and help you get where you want to go next.
Will I receive a PD certificate?
- The free pass does not include a certificate. Our Budget Pass has a 16-hour PD Certificate and the All Access Pass includes a 20+ hour PD certificate.
- There are ongoing costs associated with issuing and maintaining the PD Certificate because we provide you with 3rd party authentication via Accredible, so please consider upgrading!
- Even with the free pass, however, you’re going to get so much value out of these sessions and your teaching practice will experience a renewal like no other.
Children can’t be free to play if we’re still reading from the same old Playbook.
The Free to Play Summit is your official license to play — and to do it your way.
Claim your space at the table and make 2022 the year you said yes to the power of play —
and owning it, your way: